There four window facilities within this fund are:
Investment catalyst facility:
- Encourage private sector investment in export-oriented production and related activities
- The maximum loan amount on the investment catalyst fund is 900 M RWF.
- Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs) receiving EGF funds from BRD will lend to exporters SMEs at an effective interest rate less or equal to 14% (reviewed on annual basis).
- The Development Bank of Rwanda will provide a direct lending to exporters’ projects with a 6.5% interest rate subsidy if those projects fall within BRD mandate and priority sectors and are not financed by Participating Financial Institutions (PFI’s) for whatever reason. Evidence for the latter to be provided by the potential borrower.
Matching Grant Facility:
- To encourage firms to enter the export market by reducing the costs to Rwanda Firms when adjusting to standards and other technical requirements in target markets.
- Grant limit: a maximum matching grant facility cannot exceed USD 100,000 per project and the exporter contribution should be 50% of the total value of the project.
Export Credit Insurance Guarantee Facility:
- The export guarantee facility is intended to enhance the financial capabilities of exporters. It is only for short term credit and currently, funds are available to facilitate the horticulture sub-sector
- The export guarantee facility is not intended to be a means of financing start-up capital but rather to enhance the financial capabilities of exporters through providing credit insurance for pre-shipment and post-shipment finance to the level up to 80% of the required working capital.
Industrial Start–up Facility:
- Encourages private sector investments to start up projects that recapture domestic markets and promotes export related activities.
- The facility promotes borrowers setting up new businesses (non-existing industries) that are export oriented or have direct import substitution effects with innovation, development, and commercialization of new products and services driven by technology.
- Current maximum financing amount is RWF 1Billion