What is EGF?
The Export Growth Fund (EGF) is a fund managed by BRD and was put in place by the Government of Rwanda with an aim of addressing generic constraints to exporters such as limited access to finance ( high costs of borrowing, limited post-shipment financing,) low production volumes, high international market entry related costs, generic loans backed by strong collateral.
#We Support, Your Export
EGF-FOUR WINDOWS FACILITIES
- Objective: Encourage private sector investment in export oriented production in order to increase availability of goods and services for export.
- Purpose: Provide exporting firms and firms investing in export oriented production with a facility for reducing the costs of finance.
- BRD Plc. provide a direct lending with an Interest subsidy of 6.5% with maximum financing amount of FRW 1.5 Billion.
- Interest of 12% for on-lending through Participating Financial institutions (Bank of Kigali, BPR bank, I&M bank ,Cogebanque & Bank of Africa). Current max. financing amount is FRW 1 Billion.
- Target Group: Exporters and Export Focused Investors who meet eligibility requirements. Start ups ( pilot sectors) are encouraged if their purpose is export orientation.